Monday, October 8, 2007

#13 Zoho Writer - Web-based word processing



Zoho Writer is a good rip-off of both Apple and Microsoft word processing software.
Clever, in that it is web based, I still prefer to use Word and have my documents saved to my computer's hard drive and not a server somewhere out in cyberspace. This is especially true for valuable documents.
http://writer.zoho.com/index.do

I imagine that Microsoft is currently working on web based word processing and that we will still have traditional Word and web based in the future.

In a pinch, when not at my own computer I might use such web services. Zoho is simple and easy to use. It has a handy share document option that allows you to quickly email a document to a friend, etc.

Ok, it also PDFs (can you use that as a verb now?)...I am suddenly becoming more interested in Zoho's features!

No comments: