Ok, I will admit to having a Facebook account. . .with only 3 friends! How terribly sad?! Maybe not! I joined mainly just to see what it is all about. Strike the previous sentence, insert this one: I joined in hopes of accessing my son's account. Mothers do like to know what their kids are doing at all times :)
I received a touching email from him about how he loved me but could not, would not "friend me" on Facebook. Oh, well. I reminded him that he needs to be careful about posting anything on his account.
Individuals who frequent social networking sites seem to be using them as basically glorified online public diaries/journals with pictures and videos. Kids (of all ages) seem almost addicted to these sites. Rather scary actually. Does not seem like quality exchange of information is happening on their sites. Others would beg to differ.
Corporations, libraries, artists, performers, et al use social networking sites for distribution of information about their businesses, programming, concerts, etc. This is a way to reach a wide range of customers.
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment